I've been coding since about age 7 when my folks bought a Leading Edge
8088 microcomputer because my mom needed to do word processing.  First
forays were with Basic, and then Logo.  Started doing HTML and JS
stuff in the early ninties when we got a net connection to our house.
My first job (aside from summer camp lifeguard - I paid for school
with swimming) was student teaching Java at the University of Arizona
in 1998 where I also picked up Perl and a lot of *nix shell scripting.
 Finally, I started doing CF for a living in 1999 and have been doing
it ever since.

So it ends up being 18 years since I started coding, with CF being
used for the last 5 or so.  That's a rather disgusting 70% of my life,
firmly cementing me in complete geekdom.

cheers,
barneyb

--
Barney Boisvert