I am working with an iMail mailing list for a
relatively large organization and need to work on a
way to deal with bounced mailing list messages.  When
the messages come back, they are delivered to the
mailing list owner's mailbox.  What I'd like to do is
download the mail messages with CFPOP, figure out the
email address that bounced and then mark it off in my
database as a bouncing address (The mailing list is
automatically synced up with a membership database).

The problem I am having is that I am seeing alot of
different formats for bounced mail messages.  I could
just strip out any and all email addresses and mark
the ones that it finds in the database, but the
trouble is that often one of the addresses is the
sender's email address and I haven't figured out a
reliable way to exclude that address.

Can anyone make any suggestions on how this could be
done reliably?

Thanks!

Make Yahoo! your home page
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs