This debate has been hashed not just in ISP's but also online games,
point and case is this. Its a company that has an enormous customer
base, now whether you or I end up getting the shortest straw in
Customer Service is simply a matter of fate. There is always a
situation where once a company becomes popular and selling a product
at a lower cost, things go pair shape. Its a classic tale told many
times over and over (DELL, Alienware, Blizzard, Macromedia, Microsoft
etc.... list goes on and on).

If you are paying for a cheap hosting provider and suddenly become
shocked as to how they treat you, as if you were this gold client who
pays them $1000.00 a day to be at your bekandcall (couldn't spull that
heh) then you are simply setting yourself up for the fall.

I'm a freakin magnet to aligning myself with companies that walk over
me, read MossyBlog in the last year alone and you would of seen how
much crap i went through in just buying a laptop worth $4.5k - premium
- yet i got bad customer service.

I think what Micha and others are trying to get across the plate, is
that "it happens" nothing you can do about it but whine in some forum
where they probably couldn't give two hoots as to what your opinion is
saying as chances are there profit margins speak enough volumes.

1) If the customer service was so dramatically bad, the fall rate in
profits each month would send a signal loud and clear - but clearly -
they seem to be doing healthy business all said and done. I recommend
them to people I know as a pretty cruisy isp thats cheap? yet this is
the first i'm hearing of bad CS? am i going to stop recommending them?
no as i've seen no clear evidence as to what you say is wide-spread
amongst its customer base.

2) If they delete posts on a forum such as this, in all honesty its
probably a position they would rather take in terms of a one sided
argument. Arguing with a customer publically is purely bad PR
regardless if you win or lose. Its why large businesses do everything
they can to shut you up and throw gift packs at you, to simply get you
fixed and at best into a neutral gear instead of an aggressive one. So
don't be shocked that they shove your post(s) into a trash bin as it
could be a once of thing, it could be a petty argumentive issue - or
they could simply not wish to face the music publically.

3) ISP and Bad Customer Services have been a freakin tradition since
early 90's, hell I can remember ISP's that used to take your money for
3 months and suddenly close shop and your hanging in the wind - heh
remember the dot bomb years - so are we shocked that an ISP has
consistent downtimes or that they have to take stuff down in order to
maintain it? if you are clearly you are living in a dream industry
where software gets delivered on time and under budget aswell.

Clue up and get onboard with whats happening, its fast money and
competitve industry and i'm sure all web hosting providers who sell at
a cheap rate will go through this. Now if i hosted my server through
Intel or even bigger higher paid providers, and this crap were to go
on - then yes - clearly you are asking for enterprise level business
where its simply critical that a site stays online - in that it could
mean millions lost not thousands or hundred. That or information,
critical to a 100million+ company needs in order to run for the day.

Its like taking a holiday on a small budget and pissing and moaning as
to why you didn't get slippers, robe and champagne on arrival - that
and why is the pool got dog poo in it and what not.

Thats the key issue here, shared hosting is crap - plus you can
totally screw people over in CFMX on a shared provider simply by
peeking into Application scope or if they aren't clued up, CFFILE -
delete/read etc... its dodge and its not really suited for critical
applications/websites.

Get an Instance based server at the very least - that or you own
dedicated server - then at least you have more buying power and are
treated a bit more seriously as a customer.

Money talks volumes.