We have a shared file server that runs an application. All users have
the same drive letter mapped, etc. The application is as follows:

G:\applications\Program.exe

I would like to place what amounts to a "shortcut" on my web page that
allows all end users to run Program.exe from that link.

My understanding is that CFEXECUTE runs a process ON THE SERVER and
therefore is not appropriate for what I am trying to do.

When I simply place an href link on my page, I get the security warning
about the risks of opening executables, etc. I understand WHY that
message appears, but is there a way to avoid that message?

Also, when I follow the link from the cfm page, I get a FoxPro (the exe
is a FoxPro application) that says "File Security.exe does not exist".
But if I go to the command line or follow a shortcut that is placed on
my desktop, I never get that error message.

I have played around with writing batch files and putting them on the
server, etc but to no avail.

Finally, what are the chances that I can execute a process that places a
shortcut on the end users desktop when they click a button on my
website? Something like "Click here to add a shortcut to
g:\applications\program.exe onto your desktop"...

TIA,
Tim
are addressed. If you have received this email in error please delete it from
your system.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for
the presence of computer viruses.

Thank You,
Viahealth