>I agree when you are talking about RIA for the desktop, but even then,
>where do you draw the line between a RIA or a common Windows
>application? I believe there is too much going about the term RIA. Can
>we call a P2P application a RIA since it has internet connectivity? Or
>can we only call it a RIA when technologies like Flex, XAML come in
>place. What defines a RIA? Internet connectivity? Used technologies?
>Amount of interactivity? Type of application?

That was my point I suppose--the line is getting so blurred that the
distinctions become a bit irrelevant.  If I had to make a distinction I'd say
it really falls to the delivery and update mechanism.  With a browser-based app
you (potentially) get a new version of the app every time you open the browser.
 With a desktop app you have to explicitly download the new version and install
it.  Tools like Sash, Rebol, and Central put this process somewhere
in-between--you get notified a new version is available, hit update and you're
done.  This is what's so interesting to me about this space right now, the fact
that it's being defined while we watch.  Whatever comes out of it it's going to
change the way we think about these traditional distinctions in my opinion.

Matt