I think that some people on the list are blowing this issue out of
proportion as a "bug" when it's really just expected behavior (and
always has been) for ColdFusion.  However, I don't think it would be a
bad idea for Macromedia to examine this and other security issues for
adjustment in future versions of ColdFusion.

I'm not entirely familiar with the underlying memory management in CF,
but it seems to me that if sandboxing protects disk access, it should
probably protect memory space as well (if it can).  So far I have the
impression that most of the security features in CF for shared hosting
are reactionary in nature and not proactive.

At the end of the day though, if you are dealing with data so
sensitive that you have to be absolutely sure no-one else can access
it, you simply need to have your own dedicated server.  Doing any less
(in any language) is really short-changing your clients and/or
customers on the level of security that they are very likely to expect
you are providing for them.

-Cameron

--
Cameron Childress