Micha,
 With all due respect I wasn't advocating if you read my message that they
only learn CFML.
 Most of the university students in Michigan leave knowing several
languages, of course they should know c# and java if they're to become
employable.
 I remain unconvinced that learning CF first is going to somehow handicap
them in learning advanced languages. In fact I think it's just the opposite,
the quick productivity building useful stuff is likely to inspire them as
they learn advanced subjects.
 A great many programmers of my generation first tackled the basic that IBM
shipped on the first PC XT's. Somehow using things like GoTo's didn't
prevent me from going on to learn other languages with more advanced
concepts.
 I still remain convinced that CF would be a great first language in
colleges and with a little effort it could be dominant in that role.
   Rick Mason