From: Rob Keniger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2000 9:42 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [CF-Talk] OT: Subject lines

on 20/9/2000 10:09 AM, pan at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Agreed - this particular tag '[CF-Talk]' makes the subject line hard to
read.
> The list of current subject headers take on a numbing sameness when ALL
> are prefixed witht the same tag.

I also find the new addition to the subject line redundant and annoying.
Don't you guys/gals use mail filters? I'm subscribed to several high-volume
lists (this one included) and there's no way I could remain sane without
filtering. The [CF-Talk] in the subject line just makes it that much harder
to read the subject lines.

If people want to add things to their subject lines to assist in sorting
mail, let them do it in their mail client.

Rob Keniger                                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]

big bang solutions
<http://www.bigbang.net.au>         p +61 7 3311 2733      f +61 7 3311 2744
the body.