From: Michael Dinowitz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2000 12:53 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [CF-Talk] OT: Subject lines

This was an experiment based on many emails that I've received asking for
it. On the whole, I don't like it and others seem not to as well. In the
morning I'll switch over to having it at the end and see how that works.
This should satisfy everyone. As usual, comments are appreciated. :)

> My point exactly.
>
> Not to gripe, or anything, but couldn't it be put at the END where it has
less
> visual significance to the reader, but is still picked up by filters?
>
> How about it, M.D.?
>
> pan wrote:
> >
> > From: "David Cummins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> > > Hey guys,
> > >
> > > How come I'm receiving all this mail with subject lines starting with
> > > "[CF-Talk]"? Is this a new list policy? Its just that it adds little
> > information
> > > content, and means I'm less likely to see enough of the real subject
line to
> > be
> > > bothered opening the email.
> > >
> > > I mean it would be OK if it was something informative like [SQL] or
[CFLOCK]
> > or
> > > something, but [CF-Talk]?
> > >

> > Agreed - this particular tag '[CF-Talk]' makes the subject line hard to
read.
> > The list of current subject headers take on a numbing sameness when ALL
> > are prefixed witht the same tag.
> >
> > Pan
> >
> > n.b.  word to wise - if you try checking this new article subject line
format
> > with test messages (a time honored and sometimes necessary cf-talk
'feature'
> > :) ) there is a problem child out there in readerland who will accuse
you of
> > rudeness and threaten to contact your "sys admin" - and she does it too
> > with
> > all of the same effectiveness as rope used for pushing a truck

the body.
the body.