Implement your application as a set of CFCs that your UI's connect to.
 For HTML, they'll hit them directly.  For Flash and JS Remoting,
you'll use some facade CFCs.  The application CFCs would be
instantiated via Application.cf(m|c), so they're always present, no
matter what type of connection is coming in.

You don't want to actually put the application into the web services,
there should be an entirely separate facade layer (which is really the
UI, the clients of the web services are irrelevant to you, the app
developer).  Each web service invocation instantiates the listening
CFC, so it's important those CFCs are as lightweight as possible, and
then delegates to the real application CFCs to do the actual
processing.

And it's worth mentioning that you can use Model-Glue without
initializing the backend with a config bean.  Though if you're going
to go that route, I'd probably use a config bean that's simply a
delegate to the real backend, so you're still using the config bean
mechanism, just the bean you're loading is just a passthrough to the
real app.  That way both sides remain agnostic of the other.

cheers,
barneyb

--
Barney Boisvert