From: "Josh Nathanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, August 27, 2005 5:24 PM
To: CF-Talk <cf-talk@houseoffusion.com>
Subject: Re: MySQL - CF: Access Denied when using password

Thanks Dave, but I have set up a dummy user locally with the same username
and password as that of the live application, so I don't think that is the
issue...

It works absolutely great as long as I don't try to use a password. For
some reason that is what's throwing it off.

I have a bunch of apps running remotely on CF/MySQL, and I am trying to move
from MS Access to MySQL locally, so I'd like to be able to do that without
rewriting all the code, or dealing with the commenting workaround you
suggested.

Is there some rule against a localhost user other than root connecting to
MySQL?

I am no expert so I might be missing something really obvious, but this also
stumped my trusty web host who is something of a CF guru. I emailed him my
MySQL user and db tables and he couldn't find anything wrong that would be
causing the error.