Ryan,

You might also want to align your initiative to the OpenXCF thing:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openxcf
(not sure of the status)

To me it sounds like you are building another framework, but just going
another route/approach. Using Mach-II I have a standard Api for plugins
and filters that I can re-use among my applications, and it is also very
easy for me to re-use other peoples filters and applications (from the
Mach-II exchange).

There are similar functionality existing for other frameworks as well.

/Hugo

--
Hugo Ahlenius

Hugo Ahlenius                  E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Project Officer                Phone:          +46 8 412 1427
UNEP GRID-Arendal              Fax:            +46 8 723 0348
Stockholm Office               Mobile:         +46 733 467111
                               WWW:       http://www.grida.no
                               Skype:        callto:fraxxinus
  PLEASE NOTE: NEW PHONE AND FAX NUMBERS FROM SEPT 1ST 2005