On 9/25/00, Mark Warrick penned:
>It's perfectly legal for you to post your rates on your web site.
>What is illegal is talking about those rates amongst other
>developers who offer similar services in an open, public forum.

Hey Mark! You know you're my hero (talking me into learning CF and
all that) so I hate to disagree, but my opinion is, it's perfectly
legal to tell anyone in any forum what you charge. It's public
information. You think when a bunch of doctors or lawyers get
together at a convention they don't talk about the outrageous hourly
fees they charge? What IS illegal is if the conversation turns to:

"I think as a community in general, we are not making what we are
worth. How about we agree to never charge less than XX dollars an
hour?"

THAT is price fixing. And being an open public forum doesn't matter.
If I called just ONE cf developer on the phone and said that to them,
I'd be guilty of price fixing.

Just my humble uneducated opinion though. :-D
--

Bud Schneehagen - Tropical Web Creations

ColdFusion Solutions / eCommerce Development
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.twcreations.com/
954.721.3452