> We have a potential customer that is a bank (a small
> local one).  They want to be able to have people fill
> out a loan application online, but are worried about
> security, etc.

A couple of things to consider if you can...

* Put the SQL Server on its own box connected to the web server on a second
NIC and different non-routable subnet.
* Ensure CF only has access to the data it needs to have access to (no using
sa to connect to the DB).
* Ensure you have a properly configured firewall in front of your network.
* Encrypt the more sensitive data before it goes into the database.
* Put a disclaimer on the site about not being responsible for communication
errors.

We have a small local bank as a client here and they found it to be more
cost effective to just offer the forms as PDF downloads to allow people to
print their own forms and mail/fax them in instead of using the web site.

-Justin Scott