From: Munson, Jacob [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 21 November 2005 16:15
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: CF Hosting

Very good points, Ken.  However, for a hosting business, it is not hard to
find a few Linux experts and open your doors to Linux hosters.  In a one man
shop, it is very smart to focus on your area of expertise.  But businesses
can take their revenues and expand into new areas if they chose to.  As long
as they keep the Linux guys separated from the Windows guys!  ;)

Personally, I have found at least 3 CF hosts that offered Linux.  And those
are the ones what are competing for my business (and others like me).  The
Windows only crowds will never get my business because I am a Linux snob (on
the server side, I do use Windows for my desktop).  If a Windows only host
were to expand into Linux, they could try to undercut the current hosts with
features and/or price and capture some of their market.  Microsoft does this
all the time.  Take a look at Internet Explorer and the Xbox.  Was the web
browser and the gaming market an expertise for MS?  No, but they wanted to
make more money, so they decided to jump in.  Currently IE has 85% of the
web's market share.
Xbox is in 2nd place in the console market (behind Sony), and I believe that
the Xbox 360 will put them into first place (even though I am a Nintendo
fan).  I think it was well worth it for Microsoft expand their horizons.

[INFO] -- Access Manager:
This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the
distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any
reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission
in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in
its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format.  Thank you.   A2