It's an "event calendar" and I'm totally cool with inserting an "event"
giving it a date and time, and outputting it ordered by date. Cake.

No worries there...

However, my frickin head starts to explode when I start taking into account
every frickin' possible way to add an event, especially when I look at this
client's current list of "events". There are events that are once a week,
some are on say, the first and third monday, then others are every
wednesday, etc. It's those recurring weirdly scheduled events that are
causing me the most consternation. It just seems like if you take into
account one way to do recurrence, some other way creeps in, and you've got
to make another exception, then you start to feel like you're cobbling
together code and slowly moving further and further away from a manageable
application.

Are there easy to use, easy to implement CF based calendars out there that I
could use instead? Or is this easy enough to write yourself, but you've got
maybe do certain things that I'm overlooking?

Has anyone had to approach this problem of creating an easy to use,
updateable, "calendar" that can spit out dates and gives the end user the
ability to insert more than just a single event on a single day? Something
even *approaching* "robust"?

Anyone have any pointers, examples, code tutorials, anything that can make
this a little easier to accomplish?

--
Jeff Small
LHWH Advertising