From: "Snake" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2005 8:35 PM
To: CF-Talk <cf-talk@houseoffusion.com>
Subject: RE: HTML In Application.cfm

Imagine a road trip with Will and Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Bobby Hartsfield [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 31 December 2005 20:10
To: CF-Talk

Separating anything wasn't the question of this topic... it's how to include
something in 2400 pages easily (by the time you started posting anyway)...
and in this case it would be done easily with Application.cfm (you've
agreed) but separating milk from eggs or planting trees or spooning with
your doctor has nothing to do with anything CF related which... btw.. is the
language in question... not English. You want to say something without
actually saying it? Use pseudo code, examples and experiences.

> I don't think any of the responses to the original poster said that
> doing this would break anything

I don't recall saying otherwise... but the only reason I can think of for
absolutley excluding a possible solution is that it would 'break'
something... not because it might put an html tag in the 'business logic' of
your HTML application. I was merely pointing out that it would not break it.

> Uh, you know, I thought Silent Bob was ... silent?

Just a side note but... Kevin Smith (Silent Bob) talks in every movie he's
ever been in

> It is NOT all preferences and habits. Or at least, it shouldn't be.

Why shouldn't it be? Because it's not your preference?

> there's a body of knowledge that's been built up by the experiences
> and study of others.

Who? Trees, acorns, ill-equipped doctors and well organized refridgerators?

> In the case of the original poster, I'd probably do the same thing as
> he's

> doing. But if I were building the application from scratch, I probably
> wouldn't.

He probably wouldn't either after this little 2400 page adventure.

I guess the best 'saying' for Tim and his 2400 pages in this case would
be... "You can't polish a turd" so just use your Application.cfm to fix your
problem.

Now you know that in the future you'll want to be a little more mindful of
an applications growth and scalability no matter how small you THINK its
going to 'stay' because things just don't always work out the way we expect
them to. Now you have your own experience and "study" to base your decisions
on and don't have to rely on spooning your dentist.

> If you don't think that's a worthy topic of discussion

You have to wait for me to say it before you are allowed to insinuate that I
said or thought it. ;-)

But he's seen the good and bad side of both and will make his choice as to
the best solution for him and his next application... and THAT... is a
preference no matter where you let your doctor stick his eating utensils.

Of course, I may just be a little bitter since I started reading a 60 post
strong thread that started out OK, got weak, then got better and then turned
to shit... and just decided I wanted to spruce up the ending a little...
maaaybeeee

And maaaaybe im just bitter because I have to go on a road trip with Will
(Who, incidentally, has went through the spoon procedure with his doctor and
now has huge gas problems...)

 ;-)

Bobby Hartsfield
http://acoderslife.com