From: John C. Bland II [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2006 4:06 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Getting data into Flash 8

You don't have to use nested associate arrays. You can use numerical or
associate. CF Stucts are nothing but associate arrays anyway. If you know
how to use PHP classes then you know at least what an array is. You can
return virtually any type in php to Flash. In the latest version you have
more types you can return (including xml).

http://www.amfphp.org/docs/datatypes.html

So you know, when I first used AMFPHP I didn't know PHP that well. I was the
definition of novice, in terms of PHP. But PHP classes are similar to ECMA
classes so it wasn't hard to catch on. If you aren't a PHP developer then
PHP itself is the problem...not AMFPHP. If you don't know CF then CF is the
problem...not Remoting w/ CF. PHP's learning curve is somewhat steep.

The issue with AMFPHP was the documentation was horrible at that point in
the game (early versions) so the installation portion was a pain. Everything
dealt with server-wide installation on Apache so it was terribly confusing.
Once I figured out it was just a folder everything else was a piece of cake.

On 2/26/06, Kevin Aebig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It depends what kind of implementation you're trying to accomplish. My
> point
> is that for someone without a lot of PHP experience, the nested
> associative
> arrays can intimidating.
>
> You seem to assume your views based on your own knowledge and skills, and
> that's fine. I judge software based on what an absolute novice would
> think...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Kevin

http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm#view=sn106&viewName=Exc

hange%20Search%20Details&loc=en_us&authorid=60639501&page=0&scrollPos=0&subc