From: CF <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2006 4:53 PM
To: CF-Talk <cf-talk@houseoffusion.com>
Subject: Re: Flex 2 and Ben Forta

Hi,

> No MySQL support? Don't know about that one...since
> MySQL is free and powerful (I use it) I wouldn't cut that
> one out...they might start using Access... ;o)

AFAIK MySQL is not free, at least not for commercial use. But, you are
definitely right about Access, so better leave the MySQL driver in. ;-)

> Since you want to be able to introduce the newbies
> to all the powerful features of CF, would a full-featured
> free version work if it were limited to one domain?

There are free alternatives... BlueDragon (for non-commercial use),
IgniteFusion (upcoming version looks pretty good), and Railo (IMHO
better than Ignite, targets 6.1 compatibility, very good performance,
in most parts better performance than the original).

One could easily start with one of these, and, if necessary, switch to
CF for enterprise projects.

Best,

Chris