From: Rey Bango [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, April 07, 2006 2:03 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Looks like hard to find data modelers in the CF community

> I'd say it's not justa  CF-centric issue.  I for one am of two minds
> on the issue....

yep, thats why I threw in this little phrase "(and web development in
general)". ;)

The sad part of this is that most clients don't understand the benefit of
properly outlining your database. They want it quick and piece-meal.
I remember when I first got into web dev and submitted a proposal to a new
dotcom. When they saw the data modeling bullet point, they thought I was
crazy. They wanted things done on the fly. Thats probably one of the reasons
they're not around anymore. ;o)

Ah how I long for the good ole days when people actually took the time to
build things right. :o)

Rey...