On 5/5/06, Matt Robertson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Mark Henderson wrote:
> >can't you just loop over the form collection inside cfmail?
>
> I don't get this either.  At what point do you spend more time coding in
> parameters to your custom tag versus parameters into CFMail?  This seems to
> me to just shift your typing duties from one place to another.  Whats the
> diff between putting in a to: parameter into a tag called CF_formMail or
> putting a to: parameter into a tag called cfmail?  And a loop over a struct
> is mighty simple stuff.
>
> What am I missing here?

I think that maybe he was thinking of labels and postion formatting type
stuff.

One quick solution is to use underscores in your field names and then
replace them with spaces(last_name).  Use a little CSS for initcaps, and you

end up with: Last Name: Valliant.  Maybe an easy way would be to use
html formatted mail and CSS sheets.  You could use a simple coding scheme
to pass additional formatting info...  That would get you pretty close to a
customized yet flexible cfmail formatting wrapper.

OpenRico has an intersting example of "form letters" using AJAX.  At least
I think it was Rico...  Something like that could be cool.

:d