The problem I have with this is I'm not the one putting these links on the
page.  There are users who uses a content management system that enters in the
content for the website.  I want to avoid making the users use ColdFusion code
b/c they don't understand it and it will complicate things for them.  I wanted
to this in such a way that all the ColdFusion code is on the disclaimer page
(which I control) and the referring page (content page w/ the link) is just
plain html that is written for them thru the content management system they
use.  Is there another way of doing this?  Thanks for your help though.

> Ok, this is what you want to do.  I ran this test code and I get all
> your second level url variables.
>
> <cfdump var="#url#">
> <cfoutput>
> <a
> href="http:url.cfm?destination=#urlEncodedFormat('http://go.reuters.
> com/newsArticle.
jhtml> ?type=healthNews&storyID=12037965&src=eDialog/GetContent')#">Test
jhtml> </a>
> </cfoutput>

I do not clearly understand your requirements.  How is the sample link being
built?

<quote>
For instance lets say a user clicked on a link on my page that went to:

http://go.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=healthNews&storyID=12037965&src=eDialog/GetContent

My page would actually have this as the link
http://someurlhere.com/disclaimer.cfm?destination=http://go.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=healthNews&storyID=12037965&src=eDialog/GetContent
</quote.

How is the actual link built in your example?  I'm assuming this is built on
some cfm page, if so you just need to wrap the first link in a
urlEncodedFunction() when you make the second link.

If this is not possible, you could treat the entire link as a list delimitated
by the question mark ('?').  The first element of the list is your url, the
second element would be your url parameters and the third element would be the
url parameters of the second link.

Does that make sense?

--------------
Ian Skinner
Web Programmer
BloodSource
www.BloodSource.org
Sacramento, CA

---------
| 1 |   |
---------  Binary Soduko
|   |   |
---------

"C code. C code run. Run code run. Please!"
- Cynthia Dunning

Confidentiality Notice:  This message including any
attachments is for the sole use of the intended
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and
delete any copies of this message.