If you want to start simple, forget all those acronyms, forget design
patterns, forget activity diagrams.  You want to learn the very basics
of what objects are and what they can do for you.  You also won't
understand the conceptual books without practicing some real code.

My suggestion would be to learn some basics of another language that is
written to take advantage of OOP.  As you know, ColdFusion isn't, and
there aren't good books that show you how to think that way via code in
ColdFusion.

One thing I had a friend do recently was download Microsoft C# Express
and gave him my O'Reilly C# book
(http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/progcsharp2/) and had him focus on the
chapters involving the canons of OOP.  Within two weeks, he had finished
all of the code tutorials, tried some things on his own and had a
basuic, yet solid, understanding of OOP.

Without writing real code, you won't gain a true understanding of the
subtleties.

Steve "The Boss" Brownlee
http://www.orbwave.com/cfjboss