From: Ian Skinner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2006 2:28 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: OOD/Design Patterns and ColdFusion.

My suggestion would be to learn some basics of another language that is
written to take advantage of OOP.  As you know, ColdFusion isn't, and
there aren't good books that show you how to think that way via code in
ColdFusion.

I've done that.  I've gone through a couple of courses and tutorials on
beginning Java.  I get how to create an object with data and methods, I
can inherit and encapsulate.

Where I loose it, is trying to take a programming requirement.  See the
objects and/or patterns.  And write a group of objects to work together
to solve the real world application.  I can't make the jump from a Java
sample project of a group of jam objects to creating an application to
manage trima machine data for our blood bank.

--------------
Ian Skinner
Web Programmer
BloodSource