>  I have a query calling on data in multiple tables. The
> database is MS Access. Here is the query that I am using
>
> SELECT        p.name, p.product_id, p.content_id,
> p.creationdate, h.hits AS hits,
> h.clickthroughs AS clicks, s.pagetitle, s.parent, c.pagetitle
> AS category FROM Products p, Product_Hits h, ContentPages s,
> ContentPages c Where p.Status = 1 AND p.product_id =
> h.product_id AND p.content_id = s.content_id AND s.parent =
> c.content_id ORDER BY #sortorder#
>
> All the data is returned fine accept that The HITS and CLICKS
> if there is not HIT available for a particular product in the
> PRODUCT_HITS table, then that product does not show up. I
> could break this into tow separate queries except that I need
> to be able to dynamically change the sort order.
>
> Basically I need to list all of the products even if there
> has been not HIT record created for it. Is this possible
> using a single query?

Yes, you need to create an outer join instead of an inner join:

SELECT  p.name,
                p.product_id,
                p.content_id,
                p.creationdate,
                h.hits AS hits,
                h.clickthroughs AS clicks,
                s.pagetitle,
                s.parent,
                c.pagetitle AS category
FROM            Products p,
INNER JOIN ContentPages s ON p.content_id = s.content_id
INNER JOIN ContentPages c ON s.parent = c.content_id
LEFT OUTER JOIN Product_Hits h ON p.product_id = h.product_id
ORDER BY        #sortorder#

Of course, I wasn't able to test this query, but this should be in the
ballpark.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/