On 6/5/06, Crow T. Robot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I like this idea.  It's not perfect, but it should do what I'm trying to
> get it to.  I think.
>
> Mark Drew wrote:
> > You could probably use a javascript timer? you could do one page that
> > sets a cookie (via javascript) with a (local) timestamp when they
> > clicked the upload, then when you get the confirmation page you could
> > make the javascript read that cookie and submit (via ajax style
> > thing) along with the timestamp when it finished. That should do it?

An alternate version of this would be to do an asynchronous call on
the onSubmit of the form, which calls a script that just sets some
session variable to the start time.  Then you can compare with that
same session variable when the http post is finished and your upload
page runs.

--
Jim Wright
Wright Business Solutions