>>I've tried wrapping the <cffile> tag with getTickCount(), but the number
there is ridiculously small, so I'm assuming that it's only telling me
how long it takes to process that tag, not the actual upload itself.

I think you are assuming right, since when the template is executed, the
file is completely received by the server.

The problem here is that you must compare client time vs. server time.
What you could do:
- set a hidden field in your form with the server clock time when the
form is sent.
- assuming that the time it takes for the user to receive the form is
neglectible with regard to the upload time,
  have an onload function that calculates the difference in time between
your server and the user's PC.
- have an onsubmit function that calculates the time the upload starts
in the server time,
- when you receive the file, the difference bet. the actual time and the
file was sent is the time it took to send it.

--
REUSE CODE! Use custom tags;