> Most third-party Windows FTP clients are scriptable. WS_FTP,
> for example. In
> fact, you can even script the built-in Windows FTP client.
> Typing "windows
> FTP scripting" into Google will give you a plethora of
> examples. I don't see
> how it could be much easier than that. If you want to go
> beyond simple batch
> scripting with the built-in FTP client, type "WSH FTP
> scripting" into Google
> to see how to use Windows Script Host to script FTP.

Good to know, it's been literally years since I did FTP scripting, so
I'm kind of out of the loop, but I had a tough time doing it back when I
needed it.  Part of my problem was budget, and part of it was lack of
programming skills (back then).  At the time, I did try to script the
built-in Windows FTP client, but I didn't try it with WSH, so I guess
there's where I went wrong.

> Not to pick on you personally, but I think that the list
> would be better
> served with less stuff about why one OS is better than another, or one
> editor is better than another, etc, etc. There are plenty of
> other lists for
> that stuff.

I'm wrong, I stand corrected.  I was just making a suggestion based on
my experience, and I'd hope that is allowed on this list.

---------

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please
immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety,
whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you. A1.