BlogCFM was designed to allow multiple blogs in a single database.
Every table has a blog_id field, and the blog_id can be set in the
application.cfm in a variety of ways.  There's only one installation,
one database, one file structure.  Each "instance" has its own directory
for files and such but the main blog files are only in one location.

The way you would set it up would be to install the blog .. for example,
at blog.foobar.com.  And then set up a wildcard DNS record for
*.foobar.com so it'll respond to anything.foobar.com

And then in the application.cfm you can look at the host headers to
determine what to set the blog_id to.

Ultimately, it's not an out of the box system... because you'd probably
want to build some sort of external app to allow people to sign up and
choose their own hostname like "rick.footbar.com", and it would store
that hostname in a table along with the blog_id and such..

you get the idea.

there are also a few bugs in the current version of blogcfm that I
haven't had a lot of time to work on.. maybe I'll work on it today :)

www.blogcfm.org

There's a demo there so you can see how the interface works and everything.

Rick