The only thing I know about Apache is what it's called.
How difficult is it to setup and administer?  And what
benefits would I see over IIS?

-----Original Message-----
From: Burns, John D [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2006 2:08 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Which version of CF should I download?

You don't have to install a separate web server if you don't want. CF has
its built in one. It just depends on how you want things configured.
You could install IIS if you want to be able to do the sorts of things in
your webserver that are beyond the scope of the CF webserver. You could also
install apache. It all depends on how you want things setup and how much
control you want.

John Burns
Certified Advanced ColdFusion MX Developer Wyle Laboratories, Inc. | Web
Developer