From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2006 2:32 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Which version of CF should I download?

> That is true. It does have its own web server. I just feel it is
> better As a developer to use IIS. Personal choice is all.

Well, Rick's question was "do I need to install IIS", not "is IIS a better
choice than the JRun web server for development", which is why I gave the
answer I did.

But going back to that, for most developers, I think that the JRun web
server is a better choice, for two reasons. First, unless you actually need
to learn how to manage an external web server, why bother? And second and
more important, unless you can use the same web server that you're going to
manage, the value of using an external server is diminished a lot. The
version of IIS that comes with Windows XP is not the same as IIS on Windows
2000 or Windows Server 2003.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/

Fig Leaf Software provides the highest caliber vendor-authorized instruction
at our training centers in Washington DC, Atlanta, Chicago, Baltimore,
Northern Virginia, or on-site at your location.