I've been bitten by the option in the cf admin that strips out <script>
stuff from forms before, but that doesn't sound quite like this, unless the
MS markup is soooo wanky as to use some strange type of <P>... basically, I
was just looking at some word generated markup, and MAN, do they mark it
up.  Like crazy.

How plain was the word markup? Normal <p>s, or <p>s with strange attributes
and such?

Maybe try it with vanilla HTML and <p>s and see if that is the difference.

I love MS.  They can't even have standard XML.  Some of the stuff is cool, I
won't argue, but still, why use a name that represents a standard when you
don't follow the implementation?  Eh, it's probably on this end. ;-P

Bashing MS isn't so much fun now that good old Bill is using the wealth for
the worlds betterment...
:-)enny