Hmmm...looks like I need to learn about subnets...

Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric A. Haskins [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2006 2:31 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Microsoft Virtual PC / Should I be interested, or not?

>Now that brings me back to a question I asked earlier...does complete
>portability of images include all installed software, files, and data
>/databases on a virtual machine?
>
>Can a virtual machine do the work of cloning software, say, Norton
Ghost?

>Rick

Just think of the image as a portable server. Once you fire up the image you
have a Server. As long as the server you place that image on has access to
the subnet where your other things are(file
server,database,San) they will work.

I looked at a solution for a client's test environment. They wanted a fluid
test environment that different departments could beat up and roll back. The
original plan was using Ghost but I wanted something quicker and that's why
we went with VM but ran into a snag as they still had some RMX servers LOL

~Eric