VMware will provide it's own virtual device for everything, something that
will likely only support the most basic functions (I doubt you can run any
games in VMWare, but I could be wrong).  The OS that you install inside
vmware will only see the virtual device, and not the actual hardware that
the vmware is running on.

Russ