> I am aware (somewhat!) of the asynchronous Web services capability with CFCs
in ColdFusion. What would listers recommend if I simply want to call a
ColdFusion action page asynchronously. The asychronous call is a one-way trip
and does not require data back to the caller.

The really simple solution is to create a JavaScript Image object and set its
"src" attribute to the URL of the action page. The user has no sure way of
knowing that the request even got to the server, let alone whether there was a
processing error. But  it works.

Nick