yes I would specify the login storage and if you use session then session
management must also be enabled.

if you do use session after the login use <cfdump var="#session#"><cfabort>

to see what the cflogin has stored in session scope.

if all else fails you can just delete this stuff from session as your
logout.

personally I prefer to store my own user structure in session and then
delete at logout, because I have found that the exact behaviour of cflogin
in regards to the logout a bit hard to fathom. in particular the timeout of
cflogin vs timeout of a session always seemed to be a problem for me so I
stopped using it.

probably just me :-)