I’m not using <cflocation>.   I just link to a page outside of the directory
protected by <cflogin>.   At the top of that page I have <cflogout>.  And also,
just for good measure, as a part of my testing, I put a <cflogout> tag at the
sign-in form page, which is also outside of the protected directory.  None of
it matters.

I’m having another problem that may be not be related.  If I have a file in a
directory that I’ve bringing up in my browser for testing, then move the file
to a different directory, then point my browser to the address of the old
location, it brings the file up, even though the file is no longer there.  I
cleared my browser cache.  Another developer tried it from his machine and it
came up in his browser too.  The server people told me that there was no server
cache.   Huh?   Is that possible?  And could it be related to this problem? I
had already tried session storage before, but that was when I used
application.cfm instead of the componant.