You're trying to make it impossible to read for humans but easy to read for
machines?  Machiens will use your <span
color:black;background:black;"></span> as an anchor in the regular
expression to find the captcha in the page, and will easily spam your forms
(although will require some work on the part of the spam software designer).

The whole point of images is that humans can easily read them (more or less)
and computers have a tough time.  So even if somebody really wanted to write
a program to automatically post to your forms, it would be very difficult if
not impossible for them to do so, unless they had humans do the input (This
of course depends on the quality of the captcha software that you're using.
Some software is fairly easy to defeat using OCR, but everything in security
is relative.).  The lyla captcha is pretty good, and I doubt it would be
easy, if not impossible to defeat it using OCR.

Russ