To add my 2c,

Denny, Reactor isn't really a framework. It is a way to automate the
persistence of objects. In OO programming, you often create DAOs and Gateways
(data access objects and table data gateways) to abstract your database access
code for single records and recordsets. Firstly, I have some issues with the
idea of Gateays returning queries, but that is neither here nor there. Reactor
just auto creates those.

You probably want to create a set of service objects (one per object -
singletons created using a factory or ColdSpring if you want to be fancy!) for
doing all of the business logic and the business objects themselves will often
have logic (Product.getPrice() may calculate price based on your discounts or
whatever). Then you need a controller which you can write yourself or use Model
Glue (classic - not Unity!)  or Mach -II for.

If you are only getting started with OO, I'd thorough recommend checkout out
all of the great blog postings on OO programming and would start there. I think
it's quite a leap from procedural CF straight to MG Unity, and if yu had to
jump straight to a framework, I'd consider mach-ii or Model Glue without
Reactor and ColdSpring. ColdSpring solves a real probvlem, but have the problem
first and then enjoy the relief i provides. Reactor also speeds development,
but I don't think you'll fully understand the trade offs until you've written a
few DAOs and agonized over where to put the code for joined objects (how you
you get all of the Users in a Company - CompanyService.getUsers()? and if so,
what DAO does it call - CompanyDAO or UserDAO). Once you've played with that
for a while, you'll be able to choose between Reactor, Transfer (which is
looking very interesting - Mark keep up the great work and the shameless
plugs!), cfhibernate, or rolling your own ORM.

Best Wishes,
Peter