On 9/13/06, Che Vilnonis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'd also like to know... books or online resources.

No books yet. Online stuff only. Sample apps seem to be more plentiful
than anything.

Depending on your background, the trickiest part of either MG or Mach
II will be the OO side of it. Learning how to structure the backend
side (i.e., model) will take some trial and error. The sample apps are
good for this.

Any official documentation is on the respective websites for Model
Glue (http://model-glue.com/) and Mach II (http://www.mach-ii.com/).
Docs are also included in the download.

Join the lists for each if you have questions and to follow developments.

Sean Corfield has sample apps in both.
So does Brian Kotek.
Matt Woodward and Peter Farrell are the guys for Mach II. Go to their
blogs and filter by category. Also see MachBlog.org for full blown
blog built in MachII.

Probably the best tutorial to get you going in Model Glue is Raymond
Camden's. This is a pre-Unity tutorial, but I would actually recommend
first learning the pre-Unity version. That way you are focused only on
the MG framework. Then learn ColdSpring and Reactor. Then see how Joe
Rinehart took the three and created Unity.

FYI - Mach II also plays well with ColdSpring and Reactor. The Mach II
guys have decided not to incorporate those directly into that
framework, but to do so yourself is quite easy. Brian has his sample
bookstore app in this. I can't remember if Sean did M2/CS/Reactor or
not.

Rob Gonda has AJAX examples in both MG and M2

Use google to search on names mentioned

--
Matt Williams
"It's the question that drives us."