From: Thomas Peer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 18 September 2006 16:18
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Excessive Memory Usage CFMX 7 Standard Windows 2003 resulting
in Crash

Hi Daniel,

Pretty much everyone running CF/Windows/SQL Server has this problem.

See my page here

http://www.digitalmethod.co.uk/cf/

There is no guaranteed fix other than to have an alert system in place to
monitor memory usage and restart when it gets over 90% or so.

Don't waste time playing with garbage collection - you also might do more
harm than good. The only settings you might want to consider playing with
are the SQL connections settings - the method (cursor or direct), the max
number of connections and maintain connections.

I've seen people mediate the problem reasonably well by splitting DSN's into
two - one cursor connection that doesn't maintain connections and one direct
with maintained connections for smaller queries.

When the system goes into the state you describe it's often quicker to
restart the server than wait for CF to restart (sometimes it never does).

Tom Peer
Digital Method

> We have had the following issue with Macromedia ColdFusion 7 (7.0.1.
> 116466),
> running on windows 2003, which we have not been able to reolve, and
> cannot see really where to start!
>

> - At 00:30 on 09/09/2006 we rebooted our server.

> - All sites hosted on the server were tested following reboot, and

> were operating normally

> - At 11:26 all http requests to ColdFusion sites started timing out

> (taking longer than 30secs)
>

> The following pair of errors were logged (multiple times) within the

> ColdFusion exception log:
>

> *Error 1*
>

> "Error","jrpp-228","*Date*","*time*","*CF Application Name*","Error

> attempting to resolve the template ""error.cfm"".The template could

> not be found. The specific sequence of files included or processed
> is:

> *PhysicalPath*\public\index.cfm, line: 176 "

> coldfusion.tagext.lang.ErrorTag$InvalidErrorTemplateException: Error

> attempting to resolve the template "error.cfm".
>

> *Error 2*
>

> "Error","jrpp-228","* Date*","*time*",,"Not enough storage is

> available to process this command The specific sequence of files
> included or

> processed is:

E:\CFusionMX>
7\wwwroot\WEB-INF\exception\coldfusion\runtime\MissingIncludeException.