Here is a little snippet that may help, of course since you are using Oracle
the syntax would differ.

Using Identity Keys in SQL Server
Most applications rely on primary keys in database tables. Many of those
same applications use the auto-increment capabilities of some DBMSes like
MSSQL Server. When inserting a record in a table that uses auto-increment
primary keys, you do not have to insert the value of the primary key
yourself - the DB does it for you. But what if you want to know the value of
the row's primary key that you just inserted? Commonly, developers will run
two queries in a row, wrapped in <cftransaction>. The first one inserts the
record and the second one selects the newest record. But using this syntax,
SQL server can insert the record as well as return the value of the new
primary key all in one query.

<cfquery name="insert" datasource="DSN">
   set nocount on
   insert into customer (firstName, lastName)
   values
   ('#attributes.firstName#', '#attributes.LastName#')
   select @@identity as newID
   set nocount off
</cfquery>

I am the new primary key value: