From: Zaphod Beeblebrox [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 14 October 2006 03:28
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Cf vs ?

another thing in response to the shared hosting:  To me, cf has always been
a server language meant for your own managed server.  Between having to set
up dsn's in the administrator and having mappings be server wide, to
application variables being visible by any other site, to having to disable
certain tags in a shared hosting situation, it's never seemed like a good
shared hosting fit.  I could be way off base, but that's just the way I
feel.

Also, I've been working cf since the 3.1 days and back when I started CF was
by far the quickest way to generate applications.  I'm still the quickest
with CF vs any other technology because of my experience only now.  I don't
think CF is necessarily the fastest anymore to someone just starting out.