Somewhat, though i have multiple domains hosted on my own server -
some with domain aliases and some without.    You can configure
domain aliases either through the control panel or on the fly using
Coldfusion and a REST Wrapper.

I don't think you will be able to configure domain aliases using the
Free version, however.   I'm pretty sure even an alias counts as one
domain.    You probably can set up SMTP bypass on the server to
ignore the sender's e-mail address, but you'll have to ask your
client to add your server's IP to the SPF record (http://
www.openspf.org/) for the site or what you send may end up in
somone's spam filter - if it's not coming from the IP of the domain
mail server.

While I do most of my domain and mailing list configurations with
the control panel, I do use CF to help me remotely administer some
functions and automate tasks.   If you want to look at getting
started using REST, here's a  nice CFC that will give you a starting
point:  http://www.ajaxcf.com/blog/index.cfm/2006/9/7/SmarterMail-
REST-Wrapper

- Jon