Hmm I disagree on both accounts I Doug....

- Peter was saying that the syntax was invalid and not fit for the
situation not just that you don't need an operator - which isn't true

- it seems from what Alex is saying that he is dropping in to the else
condition as he seems to be suggesting there is a zero recordcount
i.e. nothing coming back from the database - although I may be
interpreting this wrong from what Alex is saying