I reviewed every one's response so far and I did like a single one. I would
use a bakery analogy. For example CF is like a cake it gets baked first then
the sweet buttery javascript icing goes last. The two don't mix well. To cut
the layers you need a fork called AJAX  bla bla bla. What you need to do is
change things around and make Javascript into a cake too and CF the cake
next to your new js cake of pure icing. When people eat your cake they dream
of eating the CF cake. Those wishfull day dreams are called HXMLHttpRequest
bla bla bla because JS longs to be a reasonable cake.