Adobe and Macromedia are famous for applications that have huge overheads too.

Bring Back JJ Allaire! Java goes, Delphi stays. The last good version
of CF was 5.0

Now the package is too expensive, runs anywhere from slow to crawl,
has problems and is slowly loosing ground to PhP, IMHO.

Everyone wanted to buy it, put there own little touches on it and
then re-sell it. It is now to the point that note pad is the preferred editor.