Dreamweaver always runs less ram than firefox and Internet explorer so I
don't know what peoples issues are with it.

Ben Forta wrote an article eons ago about closing certain panels which would
speed up dreamweaver. All of the panels are also running every time you look
at an element on the page. css, tag inspector, application etc. Close those
if you choose and you could see an improvement.

Casey