Re: What is causing your site to crash?

If we knew that, we would be half way home to a fix <smile>...

Seriously, over the past year we have run into a variety of
problems, most of which _SEEM_ to be related to the fact that we
are frequently running ColdFusion on a 14 CPU enterprise sized
SPARC Solaris box with Solaris 2.6.  When we move the ColdFusion
app to a 'puny' box with 2 or 4 CPUs, the problems are either not
seen, or at least so infrequently seen as to be considered gone.

As I have stated, we are seeing crashes, hangs, CFSCHEDULE
hanging, etc.

Frankly, the Solaris system admins are threatening to remove
ColdFusion from the production environment, since it causes so
much grief...  That's one reason why I am wondering what others
are using in place of ColdFusion - since they don't seem to be
able to get it to be stable, we need to find something either
stable or open source so we can fix it ourselves...

--
Larry W. Virden <URL: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Even if explicitly stated to the contrary, nothing in this