I'm curious as to what version of CF you're using. I've heard of a similar
thing happening in 4.0.1 when run on a 4 cpu box, and the problems went away
on a single cpu box. 4.5 supposedly fixed alot of those problems, but that
particular project gave up on CF just as 4.5 was coming out.. Haven't used
CF on Solaris since, though I just started looking for old copies of
CFANYWHERE again (the old JRun CF tag library.)

CF + Solaris = largely unsupported (in my experience)

Ed